The Lifeboat and Slipway at Brims.
This Lifeboat Station and Slipway was built in 1906 at the cost of £2,975-1-9d. The Lifeboat shed has accommodated lifeboats for 93 years, from the days of the Anne Miles (1906- 1926) up to the modern Lifeboat Lord Saltoun (1988- 1999). On the 11th of September 1999 the Lord Saltoun was launched for the last time, with a special ceremony to mark the end of an era which spanned 125 years of Lifeboats being launched from Brims into Aith Hope. This shed now houses the old Longhope Lifeboat Thomas McCunn and is being run as a museum by the Longhope Lifeboat Museum Trust.
A panorama of Brims showing the lifeboat shed
The museum with the original lifeboat shed in the background
The shed crew
There is a large amount of material waiting to be copied to our archive. Anyone with a picture, map, painting, old documents or even a story that they would like to contribute, please do not hesitate to contact us.